Skin Care Calendar From Laguna Beach’s Top Dermatologist
Coast Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center has been providing cosmetic and medical dermatology services to patients in Laguna Beach and the surrounding areas since 1989. We understand that skin requires consistent effort and care in order to look and feel its best. Health and beauty go hand in hand after all. And to help enhance your skin’s natural beauty and to achieve optimal skin health, we’ve created a calendar of beauty treatments that will set you up for having your best skin yet this year.
Your Calendar Of Beauty Treatments
The treatments we are suggesting below are simply a basic guide for your year-long skincare needs. During your consultation with us, we can create a custom comprehensive 12-month beauty regimen for you. It is also essential to refresh these procedures and treatments every few months to ensure optimal results.
Once a Month
- Facials – The dead skin cells on your face regenerate every couple of weeks and therefore, monthly facials are a must in order to promote long-lasting results. The facials we offer at our Laguna Beach office aren’t just relaxing but offer anti-aging results as well. We can perform a Deep Cleansing Facial which includes extractions, exfoliation, a relaxing massage, and antioxidant applications or an Acne Facial which involves deep cleansing, extractions, and acne control products. And to promote younger-looking skin, we have the Ultimate Pumpkin Enzyme Facial which will treat you to a relaxing neck, shoulder, and hand massage followed by a pumpkin enzyme treatment that increases the rate of cell renewal and in turn, exfoliates, brightens, and temporarily tightens the skin.
One Every Other Month
- Chemical Peels – Our clinically-proven light-to-medium peels can improve your skin and give you a radiant complexion. Our PCA peels which consist of salicylic acid will help slough off dead skin cells and debris while stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process, revealing skin that is clearer, healthier, and brighter. It can effectively treat brown spots, fine lines, sun damage, uneven skin texture, mild acne scarring, and oily skin. At Coast Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center, we also offer Skin Medica Chemical Peel and Glytone “The Eye and Lip Peel.”
- Microdermabrasion – This effective, non-invasive procedure is used to renew the overall tone and texture of the skin. The procedure involves using an applicator with a mildly-abrasive surface to gently sand your skin, removing the thick outer layer to rejuvenate it. It helps improve skin issues such as fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, brown spots, age spots, blackheads, enlarged pores, dull-looking complexion, acne and acne scars, melasma, and uneven skin tone and texture. To learn more about microdermabrasion, visit ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Once Every 3 Months
- Wrinkle Relaxers – Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau are powerful weapons to add in your anti-aging arsenal, as they are excellent at creating a smooth, youthful face by reducing unwanted lines and wrinkles. These wrinkle relaxers are often injected on the brow (glabella), forehead, around the eyes (crow’s feet), on the ridge of the nose (bunny lines), lip borders, and neck. They work by relaxing the underlying muscles beneath the skin and preventing them from contracting. And when these muscles don’t react when you laugh, smile, or frown, wrinkles won’t form and the skin above them becomes smoother and tighter.
Once Every 6 Months
- Dermal Fillers – In addition to wrinkles that give your face an aged appearance, volume loss is another reason you lose that youthful profile over the years. To battle these common signs of aging, fillers such as Voluma, Juvederm, and Restylane can restore volume and reduce lines and wrinkles on your face. Made from hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in your body that’s responsible for keeping skin plump and hydrated, these fillers can help re-contour your face, giving you a stable lift and taking years off your appearance. These injectables will help you achieve your desired results with the expertise of Dr. Glenn Goldberg.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) PhotoDynamic Therapy – Various laser, light, and energy devices can effectively give the skin the rejuvenation it needs with minimal downtime and quick results. For instance, AFT Pulsed Light Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes a combination of light and heat to improve the quality, health, and overall appearance of sun-exposed skin. The targeted areas absorb the selective pulsed light energy without damaging surrounding healthy skin. It effectively treats photodamaged skin, brown spots, and broken capillaries. And as the heat energy stimulates collagen production, the skin will have an improved texture with a brighter appearance.
Schedule A Consultation At Our Laguna Beach Skin Care Clinic Today
Ready to have healthy, glowing skin all year long? Learn how you can look your best and have the skin you’ve always dreamed of by scheduling a consultation with our board-certified dermatologists who are experts at artfully restoring and revitalizing skin. Contact Coast Dermatology & Laser Surgery Center by calling our Laguna Beach office today.